Yesterday, for some weird reason, I got to thinking about my drivers license. It expires next March. I first wondered how soon I could get it renewed. I knew there was a wrinkle but I couldn't remember what it was.
Yep. I can no longer get it renewed online. A couple of years ago, they tossed in a new law just for people over 70. I was over 70 last time but it was before the new law. Now you have to appear in person and you have to take an eye test. And the website is a hot mess. It actually says you cannot just 'drop in' (which I do not believe) and you must have an appointment. The two locations nearest to me have no appointments available (EVER????). The location I had planned on going to did have an appointment - first available? November 20 at 1 pm. WTF???? Boy, I'm glad I did not wait until March to ask. I snagged the appointment.
I have an enhanced license which proves I am a citizen and all I need is a renewal. BUT the hot mess of a website assumes that since I am over 70, I do not have an enhanced license and will need one so will need to prove I am a citizen which is a hot mess all its own. So I got a laundry list of shit I need to gather and bring for the appointment in November. The reality is all I need is my current, unexpired, valid enhanced drivers license and $. I can get a 5 year renewal for $106 or an 8 year renewal for $137. I'll take the 8, Alex. That will carry me until I'm 86. I can live with that. But, probably I should get the appointment to renew that one soon. Just in case.
I gave Gemini and Muse the same assignment yesterday. Gemini botched it. Muse nailed it. The assignment was to create a list of TV shows I follow. I want the episode information so that I can see, at a glance, which I've watched and which I haven't. And I want a chronological list of upcoming airings. Gemini made me do a lot of the work and Muse just did it. Then Muse asked me if I'd like a list every Monday of episodes coming up for the week. Well, sure, that would be very cool. PLUS, Muse is pretty. It organized the data in a way that is lovely to look at. So... while I've spent years now avoiding Facebook, I'm now on my way to solid entrenchment in Meta anyway. Sigh.
People were in Jim across the Hall's apartment yesterday packing up. I suspect they are aiming to be out by the end of the month.
When Myrna was dying, she had two close friends who were extraordinarily kind to me - Jan and Ethel. Jan and her husband, Dick, ended up moving into Timber Ridge and into Myrna's old apartment. Ethel's husband, Gary, played volleyball with me. I ran into them last week and Ethel said 'we need to get together for dinner' and I said yep. And yesterday Ethel texted 'Friday?' Then she invited Dick and Jan, too. So the 5 of us are going to dine on Friday night. Should be fun. They are all just so nice and kind.
4 more baseball games. Tonight. Tomorrow and Saturday nights and Sunday afternoon.
Time now to take a hike down to the front desk to pick up the weekly news!
Yep. I can no longer get it renewed online. A couple of years ago, they tossed in a new law just for people over 70. I was over 70 last time but it was before the new law. Now you have to appear in person and you have to take an eye test. And the website is a hot mess. It actually says you cannot just 'drop in' (which I do not believe) and you must have an appointment. The two locations nearest to me have no appointments available (EVER????). The location I had planned on going to did have an appointment - first available? November 20 at 1 pm. WTF???? Boy, I'm glad I did not wait until March to ask. I snagged the appointment.
I have an enhanced license which proves I am a citizen and all I need is a renewal. BUT the hot mess of a website assumes that since I am over 70, I do not have an enhanced license and will need one so will need to prove I am a citizen which is a hot mess all its own. So I got a laundry list of shit I need to gather and bring for the appointment in November. The reality is all I need is my current, unexpired, valid enhanced drivers license and $. I can get a 5 year renewal for $106 or an 8 year renewal for $137. I'll take the 8, Alex. That will carry me until I'm 86. I can live with that. But, probably I should get the appointment to renew that one soon. Just in case.
I gave Gemini and Muse the same assignment yesterday. Gemini botched it. Muse nailed it. The assignment was to create a list of TV shows I follow. I want the episode information so that I can see, at a glance, which I've watched and which I haven't. And I want a chronological list of upcoming airings. Gemini made me do a lot of the work and Muse just did it. Then Muse asked me if I'd like a list every Monday of episodes coming up for the week. Well, sure, that would be very cool. PLUS, Muse is pretty. It organized the data in a way that is lovely to look at. So... while I've spent years now avoiding Facebook, I'm now on my way to solid entrenchment in Meta anyway. Sigh.
People were in Jim across the Hall's apartment yesterday packing up. I suspect they are aiming to be out by the end of the month.
When Myrna was dying, she had two close friends who were extraordinarily kind to me - Jan and Ethel. Jan and her husband, Dick, ended up moving into Timber Ridge and into Myrna's old apartment. Ethel's husband, Gary, played volleyball with me. I ran into them last week and Ethel said 'we need to get together for dinner' and I said yep. And yesterday Ethel texted 'Friday?' Then she invited Dick and Jan, too. So the 5 of us are going to dine on Friday night. Should be fun. They are all just so nice and kind.
4 more baseball games. Tonight. Tomorrow and Saturday nights and Sunday afternoon.
Time now to take a hike down to the front desk to pick up the weekly news!
no subject
Date: 2026-09-24 03:54 pm (UTC)no subject
Date: 2026-09-24 05:17 pm (UTC)LOL, too funny - but also, true :D
no subject
Date: 2026-09-25 03:29 am (UTC)I think that's lovely for Myrna.
no subject
Date: 2026-09-26 08:53 pm (UTC)